This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
Searching for the ultimate Miami Bucket List to see how many things you’ve done or ideas for your next trip?
Whether you’re a first-time visitor looking for fun experiences or a local wanting to explore more of your backyard, this list reveals popular attractions and hidden gems.
Take a boat trip on Biscayne Bay, party the night away in Brickell, or top up your tan at Miami Beach, and more!
From the bustle of Downtown to the big trees in the City Beautiful, each district offers its own unique things to do in Miami.
To make it easier to navigate, the districts and locations are organized alphabetically with a corresponding list of things to do and places to visit for each section.
Free Miami Beach Bucket List
Brickell Bucket List
This shiny neighborhood is known for its skyscrapers, hidden bars, and free public transport in Brickell.
- Shopping at BCC.
- Play mini golf at Puttshack.
- See a movie at the swanky CMX Theater.
- Sip cocktails at the famous Sugar rooftop bar, part of EAST Miami hotel.
- Sing your heart out at Sweet Caroline.
- Walk along The Underline – urban park.
- Take advantage of the free Metromover.
- Appreciate the past at Miami Circle National Historic Landmark.
- Enjoy a sunset at Brickell Key.
For more details on the activities in this neighborhood, check out our guide, things to do in Brickell.
Coconut Grove Bucket List
Escape the tourists Downtown by brunching and wandering through Coconut Grove, Miami’s first neighborhood.
- Dine at the upmarket restaurants dotted along Coconut Grove Center.
- Shop at CocoWalk.
- Learn more about the first black community in Miami at Evangelist Street/Charles Avenue.
- Get lost among the towering old banyan trees.
- Spot a peacock or two.
- Visit Barnacle Historic State Park and the pioneer’s home.
- Appreciate the Art Deco architecture of Miami City Hall.
- Cool down with an A.C.’s Icee – legendary Coconut Grove behavior.
- Stroll through the ten acres at Visit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
For more details on the attractions in this neighborhood, check out our guide, things to do in Coconut Grove.
Coral Gables Bucket List
Next door to Coconut Grove is The City Beautiful, Coral Gables.
One of the first planned communities in South Florida, this neighborhood was brought to life by George E. Merrick.
- Learn some history at Coral Gables Museum.
- See the George Merrick statue.
- Dive into The Venetian Pool.
- Stay at the Biltmore.
- Shop and dine along Miracle Mile.
- See a show at Actors’ Playhouse at the Miracle Theatre.
- Hit the neighborhood bar, Jada Coles Bar, on Coral Way.
- ‘Meet The Cuban’ at the American Museum Cuban Diaspora.
For more details on the points of interest in this neighborhood, check out our guide, things to do in Coral Gables.
Design District Bucket List
Give the credit card a workout while being impressed by the store facades at Miami’s Design District.
- Visit the Institute of Contemporary Art.
- Look up at the giant street art like Big Red Cup or Fly Eye Dome.
- Dine at the Dior Cafe.
- Enjoy the shade at Palm Court’s Netscape Swings.
- Go shopping at the designer stores.
Find out more in our things to do in Miami’s Design District guide.
Little Havana Bucket List
It’s lively in Miami’s Little Havana!
See the Cuban influence for yourself along Calle Ocho and visit some of the best places to see in Miami for first-timers in this neighborhood.
- Have breakfast at Versailles.
- Get a photo of the Little Havana Mural.
- Buy cigars along Calle Ocho.
- Count the roosters.
- Grab an Azucar ice cream cone.
- Sip on mojitos and listen to live music at Ball & Chain.
- See locals play dominos at Máximo Gómez Park.
For more, here’s our guide, things to do in Little Havana.
Little Haiti Bucket List
Foodies will find something new in Little Haiti.
- Check out the exhibitions at the Little Haiti Cultural Center.
- Have a laugh at the stand-up shows hosted by Villain Theater.
- Savor Traditional Bahamian and Creole dishes at Chef Creole Seasoned Restaurant.
- Eat Jamaican food at Clive’s Cafe.
Miami Downtown Bucket List
The first port of call for many first-timers, Downtown Miami is a launch pad for water sports and day trips.
From venues to parks, bars to views; this area plays host to some of the most popular Miami activities.
- Stroll Along the Miami Riverwalk.
- Enjoy the views from Bayfront Park.
- Sip on drinks or dine at Bayside Marketplace.
- Soar in the sky on the Skyviews Miami Observation Wheel.
- Hop aboard this 1.5 hour cruise to see South Beach in Miami Beach.
- Catch a game at Miami-Dade Arena.
- Enjoy contemporary art at the Pérez Art Museum Miami.
- See a show at The Arsht Center.
You may also like our Downtown guide.
Miami Beach Bucket List
Miami Beach is a 25-minute drive from the city of Miami, and a city in its own right.
Most visitors split their time between the two, opting for accommodation in both cities or day-tripping between.
South Beach is the most popular area in Miami Beach.
- Sunbathe and lifeguard tower spot at South Pointe Park, South Beach, North Beach Oceanside Park, Surfside Beach, Bal Harbour Beach, or Haulover Nude Beach.
- Eat stone crabs at Joe’s.
- Step back in time with the Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue Art Deco.
- See the exhibitions at the Jewish Museum of Florida.
- Catch a drag show at Palace Bar.
- Dine or stay at Villa Casa Casuarina – Versace’s Mansion.
- Lose an afternoon drinking at Española Way.
- Party the night away at LIV at Fontainebleau Hotel.
Check out our huge guide, things to do in Miami Beach.
Upper East Side Bucket List
There is always something new to discover on the city’s Upper East Side!
- See the giant dominoes at Albert Pallot Park.
- Dine at one of the many cafes or restaurants along Biscayne Blvd.
- Admire the Miami Modern (MiMo) architecture.
- Take a tour of Morningside Historic Home.
Wynwood Walls Bucket List
Street art by day, party at night; Wynwood is a wild option for those who like to dance until the wee hours of the morning.
- Be in awe of the murals at Wynwood Walls.
- Party at the casual Wynwood Marketplace.
- Find the speakeasy at Mad Butcher.
- Dance under the palm trees at Gramps.
- Sing karaoke at 1-800-Lucky.
Check out our extensive guide, things to do in Wynwood Walls for full details.