This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
Get ready for the ultimate adventure in the Peach State with our Georgia bucket list guide.
With its charming small towns, vibrant cities, and captivating attractions, Georgia entices visitors with its unique blend of Southern hospitality and diverse attractions.
To help you plan your weekend getaway, or longer vacation, we’ve curated a list of must-see places and unforgettable experiences.
We’re also confident locals will find new ideas to add to their home state bucket list.
Our list of the best things to do in Georgia is organized by towns and cities where they are found, making it easier for you to navigate and create your perfect itinerary.
Free Georgia Bucket List
Atlanta Bucket List
Brace yourself for a Southern adventure in the bustling city of Atlanta!
As the state’s capital, the city is filled with history, culture, and entertainment that’ll keep you entertained during your visit.
From exploring the birthplace of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. to indulging in finger-lickin’ Southern cuisine, this vibrant city has the things you need to check off your Georgia to-do list.
- Beat the heat on a 5-hour city tour on an air-conditioned bus.
- Take a guided tour of the Atlanta Braves Truist Park.
- Spend the day sampling the best wine Georgia has to offer on a North Georgia wine country tour.
- Admire the beautiful Atlanta Botanical Garden.
- Walk the Atlanta Beltline Eastside Trail.
- Jump into the World of Coca-Cola.
- Visit the National Center for Civil and Human Rights.
- Start your day right with a hearty Southern breakfast from Atlanta Breakfast Club.
- Enjoy the nightlife at Illuminarium Atlanta.
- Take the kids to the Children’s Museum.
- Visit the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site.
- Tour the Ebenezer Baptist Church.
- Eat at Thumbs Up Diner.
- Float on the Chattahoochee River to relax and take in the beautiful scenery.
- Discover the city on a walking food and street art tour.
- Possibly run into a few celebrities on this movie filming locations tour.
- See what is happening at the Fox Theater.
- Try something new at Herban Fix-Vegan Kitchen.
- Spend an afternoon at Centennial Olympic Park.
- Learn about the history of the city at the Atlanta History Center.
- Eat at Chops and Lobster Bar.
- Learn about the life and times of former President Jimmy Carter at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum.
- View the art exhibits at the High Museum of Art.
- Enjoy some good Southern cooking at South City Kitchen Midtown.
- Check out the College Football Hall of Fame.
- Grab a slice of pizza from Max’s Coal Oven Pizzeria.
- Walk around the Oakland Cemetery and learn about its history.
- If you are a fan of Jim Henson, you will want to check out the Center for Puppetry Arts.
- See what shows are happening at the State Farm Arena.
- Visit the Delta Flight Museum.
- Ride the Skyview Ferris Wheel during the day to see views of the city or at night to see the city lit up.
- Watch a play at the Shakespeare Tavern Playhouse.
- Explore the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Museum.
- Check out the Lego Discovery Center.
Athens Bucket List
Located about 70 miles northeast of Atlanta, Athens is a college town that is home to the University of Georgia.
If you’re looking to add more to your list of things to do in Georgia, this place has plenty of options- you can explore art at the Georgia Museum of Art or get in on the excitement by cheering for the Bulldogs at a football game, and more!
- Take a walk around the University of Georgia Campus.
- See exhibits at Georgia Museum of Arts.
- Watch a football game at Sanford Stadium.
- Wander around the 313 acres of gardens at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
- Eat at George’s Lowcountry Table.
- Grab a beer at Creature Comforts Brewing Co.
- See what movies are playing at Cine Bar Café.
- Let your kids burn off some energy at World of Wonder Playground.
- Explore Sandy Creek Nature Center.
You may like our list of things to do in Athens, GA.
Augusta Bucket List
Nestled along the banks of the Savannah River, Augusta is a city that offers a range of activities in Georgia.
Explore the historic Augusta Canal, admire the beautiful Phinizy Swamp Nature Park, and experience the thrill of the Masters Tournament at the famed Augusta National Golf Club.
- Visit the Augusta Canal Discovery Center and Boat Tour.
- Take a tour of Meadow Garden.
- Dine at Frog Hollow Tavern.
- Grab some dessert from Boll Weevil.
- Learn about the area’s history at the Augusta Museum of History.
- Experience the Pexcho’s American Dime Museum.
- Check out what performances are happening at the Imperial Theater.
- Watch the Master’s Tournament at Augusta National.
- Take your kids to the interactive Imagination Station Children’s Museum.
- Explore the Phinizy Swamp Nature Park.
Blue Ridge Bucket List
Tucked away in the North Georgia Mountains, Blue Ridge is a haven for nature enthusiasts and those looking for fun outdoor activities in Georgia.
With its breathtaking vistas and tranquil surroundings, get ready to dive into the exciting things to do around here.
- Pick up a sweet treat at the Mercier Orchards, or depending on the time of year, you can pick your own peaches.
- Have an adventure on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway.
- Eat at the Rum Cake Lady Cuban Food Café.
- Try the variety of beers offered at Grumpy Old Men Brewing.
- Sip wine in a treehouse at the Bear Claw Vineyard.
- See the art exhibits at the Blue Ridge Mountains Art Association.
- Dine at Southern Charm.
- Pick up a treat at Taste of Amish and the General Store.
- Cultivate a bit of inner peace at Serenity in the Mountain Spa.
- Spend the afternoon playing games at The Lily Pad Village.
- Mine for a treasure with the Aska Mining Company.
- Walk the Aska Trails.
- Cross the Toccoa River Swinging Bridge.
For more places to visit in North Georgia, check this guide.
Or if you’re looking to have the ultimate outdoor adventure, try visiting state parks in Georgia.
Blairsville Bucket List
Surrounded by the Chattahoochee National Forest, Blairsville is one of the places to see in Georgia for those looking for some peaceful escape.
Hiking through the mountains, cool off in the cascading waters of Helton Creek Falls, visit the unique Byron Herbert Reece Farm and Heritage Center to learn about the region’s rich heritage, and more!
- Climb to the summit of Brasstown Bald Mountain.
- Spend some time at Helton Creek Falls.
- Explore Vogel State Park.
- Taste the wines at Odom Springs Vineyard.
- Browse the Union County Farmers Market from June to October.
- Experience Appalachian farm life at the Byron Herbert Reece Farm and Heritage Center.
- Check out the Mountain Life Museum.
- Walk on the Appalachian Trail and enjoy breathtaking views of the mountains from the Mountain Crossings gift shop and hostel.
Columbus Bucket List
Situated along the Chattahoochee River, Columbus combines history and adventure.
Discover the military history at the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center, enjoy a leisurely walk along the picturesque Riverwalk, or soak in the arts and culture scene of Columbus.
- Visit the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center.
- Learn about the Civil War at the National Civil War Naval Museum.
- Enjoy some fried chicken at Minnie’s Uptown.
- Stroll along the Columbus Riverwalk.
- Explore the Coca-Cola Space Science Center.
- Have a picnic at Flat Rock Park.
- Test your skills at Exodus Escape Games.
- Burn off some extra energy at Launch Trampoline Park.
- Wander around the Columbus Botanical Garden.
- Paint your own masterpiece while sipping on some wine at Brushes and Beverages.
- Learn how to rock climb at Treadstone Climbing Gym.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with Whitewater Express and go ziplining or white water rafting.
Decatur Bucket List
With a rich history and local arts scene, Decatur offers a diverse range of attractions, including boutique shops, eateries, and museums.
- Walk around Decatur Square.
- Browse the Decatur Farmers Market.
- Check out the art at HomeGrown Decatur.
- Stop for a meal at The Brick Store Pub.
- Taste the beer at Three Taverns Brewery and Tasting Room.
- Shop at Kudzu Antiques.
- Visit the Michael C. Carlos Museum.
- Enjoy a sweet treat from Southern Sweets Bakery.
- Watch a live band at Eddie’s Attic.
- Go on a Decatur ghost tour.
Jekyll Island Bucket List
Escape to the idyllic shores of Jekyll Island, where pristine beaches and natural beauty await.
Fill your Georgia summer bucket list with activities from this island- including relaxing under the sun and catching some waves at one of its beaches as well as exploring the historic district with its grand mansions.
- Admire the beauty of Driftwood Beach.
- Explore Great Dunes Park.
- Eat at the Beach House Restaurant.
- Walk around the Jekyll Island Historic District.
- Connect with nature on the Jekyll Island Trail System.
- Splash around at Summer Waves Water Park.
- Dine at Zachry’s Riverhouse.
- Spend the afternoon on a Jekyll Island Dolphin Tour.
- Take your kids for an educational experience at 4-H Tidelands Nature Center.
Macon Bucket List
Macon is known as the ‘cherry blossom capital of the world’- being home to hundreds of thousands cherry blossom trees.
But more than the blooms, there are many attractions and activities you can explore, any time of the year, during your visit.
- See the cherry blossoms in Carolyn Crayton Park.
- Join in the Cherry Blossom Parade.
- Explore the Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park.
- Take a tour of the historic Hay House.
- Walk around the Rose Hill Cemetery.
- Eat at the Dovetail Crafted Cuisine.
- Visit the Grand Opera House.
- Admire the architecture of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church.
- Check out the Allman Brothers Band Museum.
- Enjoy your day at Amerson River Park.
Marietta Bucket List
Another location that’s a short drive from the capital, Marietta offers a blend of small-town charm and urban amenities.
Check out the fun things to do in this destination that you can try during your stay.
- Enjoy a picnic at Marietta Square.
- Pick up local produce from the Marietta Square Farmers Market.
- Feast on Southern cooking at The Marietta Local.
- Check out the performances at Earl and Rachel Smith Strand Theatre.
- Sip on the award-winning brews at Ironmonger Brewing Company.
- Taste honey-brewed alcohol at Viking Alchemist Meadery.
- Visit the Gone with the Wind Museum at Brumby Hall.
- Make a splash at Six Flags White Water Park.
- Stretch your legs on the Sope Creek Trail.
- Find yourself a treasure at the Cobb Antique Mall.
Savannah Bucket List
Prepare to fall head over heels for the enchanting beauty and Southern hospitality of Savannah.
From the charming cobblestone streets of the historic district to the hauntingly beautiful Bonaventure Cemetery, this city is a treasure trove of history, art, and breathtaking architecture- adding more things to try on your list of what to do in Georgia.
- Wander along River Street towards Talmadge Memorial Bridge.
- Listen to gospel tunes on a dinner cruise and take in the scenic Savannah River.
- Walk the four blocks of City Market and pop into stores that appeal to your style, you can even buy a cocktail from a bar to sip and go.
- Look out for the red brick building on Barnard Street in City Market, this was a former slave mart and the first Freedman’s School.
- Reserve a table at The Grey, which features on Chef’s Table.
- Check out the latest shows at the Savannah Theatre.
- Visit the Olde Pink House for Southern cuisine.
- Explore Forsyth Park.
- Grab a quick bite to eat at Sentient Bean.
- Catch an exhibition at the SCAD Museum of Art.
- Feast on a buffet meal and learn about the history of the area on a sightseeing lunch cruise.
- Enjoy a Southern meal at Mrs. Wilkes’s Dining Room, arrive for opening time and line up.
- Go on a haunted tour with The Old Sorrel Weed House Museum and Tours.
- Learn about the history of Prohibition at the American Prohibition Museum.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at River Street Sweets.
- Dine at Chive Sea Bar and Lounge.
- Take a tour of the First African Baptist Church.
- Visit the Mercer Williams House Museum.
- Eat at the Crystal Beer Parlor.
- Check out Chippewa Square, one of Savannah’s 22 squares.
- Wander around the Telfair Academy and take in the art displays.
- Stay in a romantic historic inn or a haunted hotel.
- Learn what life was like for enslaved people at the Ralph Mark Gilbert Civil Rights Museum Inc.
- Stroll around Lafayette Square.
- Admire the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.
- Stroll around Bonaventure Cemetery.
- Learn the history of the Fort Pulaski National Monument.
- Experience what life was like during the Civil War at Old Fort Jackson.
If you’re visiting the city on a budget, check out our list of the free things to do in Savannah.
Or our guide to the best eats in Savannah.
Tybee Island Bucket List
Escape to the laid-back shores of Tybee Island for sandy beaches, charming shops, and coastal beauty.
Soak up the sun, explore the local shops and art galleries, and take a leisurely walk along the iconic Tybee Island Pier.
- Visit Tybee Island Light Station and Museum.
- Check out the Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
- Relax on the quieter Mid-Beach and enjoy a cocktail at The Deck.
- Embark on a fun scavenger hunt.
- Wander around the Farmers and Artisans Market.
- Get caffeinated at the Tybee Island Coffee Bar.
- Sip on a Daiquiri at Wet Willie’s, the are potent!
- Go on an adventure with Captain Derek’s Dolphin Boat Tour.
- Indulge yourself at Tybee Salt Spa.
- Eat at Chamacos Tacos and Surf.
- Feast on delicious pizza at Huc-A-Poos.
- Explore the island on a bike with a rental from Fat Tire Bike Rental.
- Check out the performances at the Tybee Post Theater.
- Stroll along the Tybee Pier.
Check out these oceanfront rentals for a dreamy vacation.
Valdosta Bucket List
Valdosta is located in southern Georgia and offers both adventure and a chance to unwind.
Activities to look forward to include exploring the stunning Azalea City Trail, a scenic path that winds through vibrant gardens and peaceful parks, spending exciting time at the Wild Adventures Theme Park, and soaking in the town’s arts and history scene.
- See the parks around the Azalea City Trail.
- Spend the day at Wild Adventures Theme Park.
- Explore the Grand Bay Wildlife Management Area.
- Visit the Turner Center for the Arts.
- Dine at 306 North.
- Learn about the area’s history at the Lowndes County Historical Society and Museum.
- Find out how clever you are at Epic Escape Rooms.
- Eat at Empanadas and More.
Vidalia Bucket List
Vidalia is renowned for its world-famous sweet onions and the annual Vidalia Onion Festival, a celebration of Georgia’s famous vegetable.
Check out other activities to find in the area.
- Visit the Vidalia Onion Museum.
- Join in the Vidalia Onion Festival during April.
- Check out the Vidalia Onion Fountain.
- Eat at the Steeplechase Grill.
- Enjoy a meal from Rialto.
We hope our GA bucket list inspired you to plan your perfect getaway in the Peach State.
Feel free to leave comments on your favorite spots and stuff to do or other recommendations you have.
Georgia Travel Guides
- Georgia Bucket List
- State Parks in Georgia
- Things to do in North Georgia
- All Savannah Guides
- All Atlanta Guides
- All Georgia Guides