This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
Are you looking for the ultimate adventure in Delaware?
From stunning coastal towns with sandy beaches that beckon you to soak up the sun, to cities with thriving arts scene, Delaware is a popular summer vacation that offers all year round activity.
To help you plan your visit, our Delaware bucket list guide brings you a compilation of must-see destinations and unforgettable experiences in the First State.
Maybe you like the outdoors and want to enjoy the ocean and lively boardwalk attractions in Rehoboth Beach- or a history buff wanting to make a stop in Dover, the capital city, to see its fascinating museums and cultural sites.
No matter what your preferences are, there’s no shortage of fun activities in Delaware that are waiting for you to try.
So buckle up and get ready to explore all the places to see and things to do in this East Coast destination.
For easier navigation, attractions, and activities are organized by towns/cities where they are located.
You may also like our collection of romantic things to do in Delaware.
Free Delaware Bucket List
Bethany Beach Bucket List
Nestled along the picturesque coastline of Delaware, Bethany Beach is a vacation gem offering pristine sandy shores, vibrant boardwalk attractions, and a welcoming beach town atmosphere.
From basking in the sun and playing in the waves to savoring delectable beachside treats, this place is a great destination for your Delaware summer bucket list.
- Soak up some sun on Bethany Beach or stroll along the boardwalk.
- Visit the Bethany Beach Nature Center.
- Dine at Off the Hook.
- Enjoy a sweet or savory meal at Sunshine Crepes.
- Rent a bike from Bethany Bike Shop.
- Add to your book collection from Bethany Beach Books.
- Have some fun at Shore Fun Family Fun Center.
- Play some mini putt at Nick’s Dinoland Golf.
- Spend the day on the water with gear rentals from Bethany Surf Shop.
- Do a round or two of golf at the Salt Pond Golf Club.
Want to explore more outdoor activities in Delaware?
Check our list of the best beaches in DE.
Cape Henlopen State Park Bucket List
Nature lovers, rejoice!
Cape Henlopen State Park is a breathtaking coastal retreat with stunning views, scenic trails, and abundant wildlife.
Immerse yourself in the tranquil beauty of this destination’s landscape, see the ocean, or embark on a thrilling biking adventure.
- Take a hike or a bike ride around the bike loop of the park.
- Visit the nature center.
- Stop to explore the observational tower in the park.
- Hike to the point overlook of the park and see the ocean and a variety of wildlife, including dolphins, seals, and birds.
- Take a tour of The Fort Miles Museum.
- Spend a few days camping or in a cabin at the park.
- Borrow a bike from the nature center.
- Rent a kayak from the fishing pier.
- Explore Delaware Bay while the tide is out to see what wildlife you can find.
- If you are a morning person, catch the sunrise from Herring Point.
You may also like our guide to Delaware state parks.
Dewey Beach Bucket List
Looking for a lively beach town that never sleeps?
Dewey Beach is the place to be, offering a fun nightlife scene, live music, and an stuff to do that will keep you entertained all day.
But that’s not all because there are more Delaware activities to enjoy like sports in the water, rejuvenating your body and mind with yoga, and more!
- Take the kids to John Waples Memorial Playground.
- Stop to eat at Woody’s Dewey Beach Bar and Grill.
- Spend the day on the water with gear rentals from Delmarva Board Sport Adventures.
- Shop or dine at Fifer’s Farm Kitchen.
- Dine and drink at Dewey Beer Company.
- Enjoy the day with Sand Dollar Cruises boat tours.
- Rent a jet ski from Dewey Beach Watersports.
- Watch live music at The Bottle and Cork.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with Dewey Beach Parasail.
- Connect with yourself and nature with Dewey Beach Yoga.
- Do a day trip to Millsboro to visit the Nanticoke Indian Museum and learn more about the native people in Delaware.
You may also like our guide to the things to do in Dewey Beach.
Dover Bucket List
Welcome to the capital city of Delaware, Dover!
This historic city is filled with a rich heritage, fascinating museums, and exciting cultural attractions.
Explore historical sites, immerse yourself in the local arts scene, and savor the diverse culinary offerings- there’s no shortage of activities to add to your Delaware to do list.
- Check out the Johnson Victrola Museum.
- Bite into a sweet treat from La Baguette Bakery.
- Visit Delaware Legislative Hall.
- Wander around the First State Heritage Park.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee from The House of Coffi.
- Try a variety of brews from Fordham Brewing Co.
- Enjoy the quiet Pickering Beach.
- Visit the Air Mobility Command Museum.
- Learn about Delaware’s history at the John Dickinson Plantation.
- See the art collection at the Biggs Museum of American Art.
- Visit the Delaware State Police Museum and Education Centre.
- Check out what is happening at the Dover Motor Speedway.
- Get your blood pumping with the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at Dover Motor Speedway.
- Have a drink at The Golden Fleece Tavern.
- Play a round of golf at Dover Par 3 and Driving Range.
- Grab something to eat from Georgia Boy’s Bagel Café.
- Buy a new outfit at Blu Vintage.
- See what events are happening at the Children’s Theatre.
- Solve a mystery with Crime Solving Detective Experience Dover.
Read next: things to do in Dover, DE.
Lewes Bucket List
From its quaint streets lined with lovely shops to its rich maritime heritage, Lewes is a delight to explore by foot.
Plan a visit to Lewes and discover the unique character and coastal beauty that makes it one of the places to see in Delaware!
- Hop on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry for a fun day trip.
- Get a peek into the past at the Lewes Historical Society.
- Eat at Nectar.
- Bask in the sun at Lewes Beach.
- Learn what life was like for Dutch settlers at Zwaanendael Museum.
- Enjoy a unique experience with Pirates of Lewes Expeditions.
- Visit St. Peter’s Episcopal Church and take a walk through the historic cemetery.
- Sample some spirits or enjoy a cocktail from Beach Time Distilling.
- Enjoy a walk around the tranquil Blockhouse Pond.
- Check out the Peninsula Gallery.
- Go for a bike ride with a rental from Sea Green Bicycle.
- Take a boat tour with Cape Water Tours.
- Look for a fun new toy at Kid’s Ketch.
- Fill up on sweet treats from Edie Bees Confection Shop.
- Find some inner peace with a yoga class at Dimitra Yoga Lewes.
- Burn some energy at Shell We Bounce Trampoline Park.
- Enjoy ice cream at Hopkins Farm Creamery.
- Indulge in freshly baked bread from Old World Breads Bakery.
- Fill up on fresh seafood at The Surfing Crab.
- Take a self-guided tour of Nassau Valley Vineyards and sample the wines they have to offer.
- Check out what’s playing at Cinema Art Theater.
- Eat at Matt’s Fish Camp-Lewes.
- Have some fun at Lefty’s Alley and Eats.
You may also like our more comprehensive list of things to do in Lewes.
Newark Bucket List
Newark is a college town located in New Castle County.
With its prime location close to major cities like Philadelphia and Baltimore, it serves as a hub for education, innovation, and cultural experiences.
The city offers some best things to do in Delaware including visiting museums and parks as well as exploring its bustling downtown area filled with shops and eateries.
- Take a walk-through of White Clay Creek State Park.
- Explore the Newark Reservoir.
- Go for a treasure hunt at Aunt Margaret’s Antique Mall.
- Stop and eat at Timothy’s of Newark.
- Check out local artist’s work at Newark Arts Alliance.
- Dine at Taverna.
- Spend some time ice skating at Fred Rust Ice Arena.
- Enjoy a sweet treat from UDairy Creamery.
- Visit the past at Newark History Museum.
- Put your skills to the test at Axxiom Escape Rooms.
- Watch a movie at Main Street Movies 5.
- Learn a new skill at New Castle 100 Archers.
- Try the brews offered at Autumn Arch Beer Project.
- Watch the sun rise or set from a hot air balloon with Blair’s Ballooning.
- Grab a smoothie from Planet Smoothie.
- Take a look at the Huge Doctor’s Bag with A Stethoscope.
- Sample the beers at Midnight Oil Brewing Company.
- Enjoy Lebanese and Moroccan food at Ali Baba.
- Burn some energy at Sky Zone Trampoline Park.
- Have fun bowling, playing laser tag, or eating at Main Event Entertainment.
- Learn how to fly a drone with UAV Coach Private Drone Flying Experience.
- From May to November, you can buy local produce and other items from the Co-op Farmers Market.
Rehoboth Beach Bucket List
Welcome to Rehoboth Beach, a coastal paradise that offers endless summer fun.
Sink your toes in the soft sand, stroll along the lively boardwalk, tour museums, or taste brews and specialty drinks.
With its bustling atmosphere and breathtaking views, Rehoboth Beach is a must-visit destination for your list of things to do in Delaware!
- Have fun at Funland Amusement Park from May to mid-September.
- Enjoy a beach day at Rehoboth Beach Public Beach.
- Have a meal at Kaisy’s Delights.
- Wander around the Ocean Gallery Fine Art Center.
- Stroll along the Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk.
- Explore the Dune Nature Park.
- Ride your bike around Gordons Pond.
- Splash around at Jungle Jim’s Waterpark.
- Indulge in fresh seafood at Big Fish Grill Rehoboth.
- Spend an afternoon shopping at Tanger Outlets Rehoboth Beach.
- Check out what plays are at Clear Space Theater.
- Enjoy fresh oysters from Henlopen City Oyster House.
- Browse the Rehoboth Beach Farmers Market.
- Visit the Rehoboth Beach Museum.
- Check out Silver Lake.
- Start your day right with breakfast from Egg.
- Eat at Just in Thyme Restaurant.
- Check out what is happening at Rehoboth Art League.
- Fill your belly with a delicious sandwich from Frank and Louie’s Italian Specialties.
- Stop for some brews and food at Revelation Craft Brewing Company.
- Relax at Grove Park.
- Take your kids to Midway Speedway Park for some fun.
- Grab a pizza at Crust and Craft.
- Visit the Verrazzano Monument.
- Dine at the French bistro La Fable.
- Pamper yourself at One Spirit Massage Studio.
- Get your mani and pedi from Avenue Apothecary and Spa.
- Buy a new book at Browseabout Books.
- Fill up on sweets from Snyder’s Candy.
- Rent some gear for the day from Seagreen Bicycle.
- Spoil your pup with a treat from Salty Paws.
- Hop on the Jolly Trolley of Rehoboth Beach for a tour.
- Do some surfing at Delaware Seashore State Park.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Indian River Life-Saving Station Museum at Delaware Seashore State Park.
For more things to do in Rehoboth Beach, visit this guide.
Wilmington Bucket List
It’s time to explore Wilmington and check it off your Delaware bucket list!
Explore the city’s neighborhoods, and nature, or immerse yourself in its rich history and arts.
- Visit the Hagley Museum and Library.
- Check out the Somerville Manning Gallery.
- Do a tour of the French neoclassical mansion, Nemours Estate.
- Walk along the Wilmington Riverwalk.
- Eat at Washington Street Ale House.
- Get your sushi fix at Mikimotos.
- See what is playing at the Grand Opera House.
- Visit the historical site of Fort Christina.
- Take the kids to the Delaware Children’s Museum.
- Chow down on fresh seafood at Big Fish Grill on the Riverfront.
- Check out what is happening at the Delaware Theater Company.
- Watch a baseball game at the Daniel S Frawley Stadium.
- Visit Rockwood Park and Museum for an exciting tour of the home.
- Grab a quick bite to eat at the Marsh Diner.
- Take a tour of the Old Swedes Church.
- Let your kids play at the accessible Can Do Playground.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at The Melting Pot.
- Explore the Alapocas Run State Park.
- Walk the trails at Brandywine Creek State Park.
- Stop for a delicious meal at Buckley’s Tavern.
- Learn about conservation efforts at the DuPont Environmental Education Center.
- Take a ride and learn about the area’s history on the Kalmar Nyckel Foundation.
- Dine at La Fia.
- Check out what events are happening at The Queen.
- Try hard ciders and wines at Liquid Alchemy Beverages.
- Learn about the history of the first state at the Delaware History Museum.
- For cigar and sports lovers, visit E Squared Cigar Sports Bar.
- Enjoy a meal at Banks’ Seafood Kitchen.
- Check out the Wooddale Covered Bridge.
- Satisfy your palate at Capers and Lemons.
- Take a tour of the Greenbank Mills and Phillips Farm.
- Ride on the Wilmington and Western Railroad.
- Visit the Delaware Sports Museum and Hall of Fame.
- Eat at the Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant.
- Snap a few selfies at The Selfie Lab.
- Sit down for a nice meal at the Bonefish Grill.
- Watch a movie at the Penn Cinema Riverfront.
- See who’s playing at the Playhouse on Rodney Square.
- Explore Rodney Square.
- Have some fun at Riverwalk Mini Golf.
- Tap into your inner child at Wilmington Home Amusements.
So, are you ready to start your adventure with this DE bucket list?
Feel free to share your favorite experiences in the comments below and let us know what other activities you discovered along the way!